The woman who posed as househelp and stole cash and valuables from her former employers was nabbed by the police in Binganonan, Rizal.
Members of the Philippine National Police Region IV-A said they immediately deployed a team to arrest the suspect after receiving a tip on her possible whereabouts.
According to a “Saksi” report by John Consulta, the suspect, Gina Rose Ballad, went into hiding for months after seeing herself in earlier reports.
It can be recalled that GMA News had two separate reports in February and July showing the suspect fleeing after stealing from her employers in Quezon City and Dagupan City.
Recognizing the suspect, Caren Tevanny went to the National Bureau of Investigation to file a complaint against the suspect who also took valuables from their house last year.
“Sobrang thank you sa PNP Region IV-A. Masarap ‘yung pakiramdam na finally after 20 years, nahuli siya,” she said.
(We are grateful to the PNP. It feels good that she was finally arrested.)
Ballad admitted to the crimes and said: “Ako po ‘yung nakita sa CCTV na nagnakaw. Noong umalis po, tumakas po, ako po ‘yun. Inaamin ko naman po. Wala po akong ibang choice kasi anim ‘yung anak ko. Sana po matanggap nyo po at mapatawad niyo po ako sa mga nagawa ko po,” she said.
(I am the one who was caught in the CCTV stealing. I escaped. I admit it. I don’t have a choice because I have six kids. I hope they can accept and forgive me.)
“Base na rin po sa nauna nyong na-report sa 24 Oras na napakarami niya nang naging biktima mula pa sa iba’t ibang lugar sa Cavite, NCR. Kung di pa po siya nahuli ngayon ay malamang marami pa po siyang nabiktima at marami pa siyang nanakaw,” PNP PRO4A spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Eunice de Guzman said.
(Based on your earlier reports, she victimized a lot of people from various areas in the country including Cavite, and NCR. If she wasn’t arrested, she could have victimized more.)
Meanwhile, authorities called on the suspect’s other victims to coordinate with the Regional Special Operations Unit at Police Regional Office IV-A Camp Vicente Lim in Canlubang for other possible charges against her.—Sundy Locus/LDF, GMA News
0 Comments